Swimming Pool & Therapy Pool Engineering, Design, Installation & Maintenance, Tilbury
Swimming is one of the best exercises you can do for just about every aspect of your physical and mental health! Whatever your fitness level swimming is bound to boost it, and is an excellent way to develop and strengthen muscles, get a cardio workout and improve lung capacity to name but a few of the benefits. If that doesn’t tempt you to slip into your cozzie here are a few more reasons:-
- Top to Toe Body Workout. Every muscle in your body gets a work out when you swim, whether you are calmly gliding along or flying through the water. Your body will be working harder than if you were doing the same activity out of the water.
- Weight Loss. If you want to lose weight there’s no better way than a swim, as just a gentle half hour swim will burn off 200 calories.
- Guards Against Disease. Apparently a weekly 30 minute swim will drastically lower the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke.
- Invigorating. Your energy levels will be improved and your metabolic rate increased by swimming for half an hour 3 times a week.
- Promotes a Feeling of Wellbeing. This popular form of activity can be done alone or with friends, and will encourage a positive mental outlook, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Stress Relief. As most swimmers know, lingering in the wonderful water is a proven way to alleviate stress whether it’s due to work, the kids, driving etc. It improves sleep patterns and lightens the mood, even where depression exists, and is often advised by doctors.
- Comfortable Exercise. As 90% of the body’s weight is supported by the water, those who have an injury or illness can easily enjoy this form of activity.
Being an Island there is water all around us, and there are lots of places to go swimming in and around Essex whether you live in Tilbury, Brentwood or Chelmsford. Many public swimming baths have undergone impressive refurbishment, so you won’t find it difficult to begin your new pastime.